Friday, May 7, 2010

Before and After

DIY
Wardrobe Revamp


I picked up an old wardrobe from a salvos store to put in my new house. I have a old Australian cottage so I have decided to stick with older furniture but still have a modern twist. My interior is red and white, so I decided to strip this back and paint it white. I soon discovered this is not as easy as it sounds. From dilemmas to brush marks showing through, to using many cans of white spray paint. I finally finished it, the result is a definite improvement. I have the mirror off as it needs new glass to be set in it, so that will be reattached later. I really needed this complete as my clothes were causing chaos in my room, so it was a tiny bit of a rush job. Eventually I will put new drawer handles on. It's not perfect, but its a good start for my first furniture revamp hobby, (I certainly learned alot that's for sure). On the weekend I will find some nice scented draw liners and I can finally organise my room!






For something different I added some hooks on the side to hold some pretty things also acting as
decoration at the same time.


I really like it against the white walls and the wooden floors, its nice and subtle which is what I wanted.
The camera seems to pick up uneven paint tones, but I have quite soft lighting in my room so it looks fine against the wall and not as shabby in the pictures!
So that's one project down, next is to tackle outside area, we are putting in gardens and a veggie garden which I am excited about. I have one garden bed in already with solar lights along my drive way wich I love, such little changes can make your place look really nice. You might be able to tell, I have turned into a real homebody!
x




2 comments:

Ellen Osborne said...

Looks amazing!

wilbs said...

you've sure inspired me! it turned out amazing. x