Thursday, October 29, 2009

22 and growing up

As much as I fight it, and as much as I believe its not going to happen, its inevitable. I am growing up. A recent 22nd birthday has made me think about that. I do realise I have years and years ahead of me, it's just that recent events have been happening in my life to make me feel particularly more grown up.

I am looking at buying a house. I am really scared yet so excited. Finally I get to leave behind messy flatmates, bond, and continuous moving. I will have a place of my own. Interior design has always been an interest of mine, and now I can finally start to think about what my house will look like! So, all week I have been busy looking for inspiration, and I have been successful. Maybe too successful, there are too many beautiful interiors of homes to aspire to! So here is my attempt to plan a scheme for my new place.












Remember in the late 80's, early 90's, when you used to listen to the Smiths all the time and I thought they were dumb? Well you were right and I was wrong and I'm sorry.



















I can see it already, my place is going to end up crazy kitsch with no order. Just the way I am, and all my friends will come over and say this is so 'Tilli'.
Pictures and inspiration taken from the following wonderful websites/blogs








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog today as I was Google image searching Blondie to look for haircut inspiration. I'm totally into it! But when I saw this headline, I was like, 'oh jeez i'm behind.' I feel like I'm dealing with the same issues, and I'm 32!! You young'un. At any rate, though, keep it up! Your thoughts and images are very inspiring.