Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's raining it's pouring, the old man is snoring...


http://www.redbubble.com/people/nancz/art/71619-11-first-taste-of-rain
This morning, I drove through floodwater and only just missed a car eating pot hole. Today is not a good day. It's miserable and wet, has been raining for 5 days.

Don't get me wrong, I love the magic of rain, its beautiful, a significant act of mother nature. However like this it just seems damaging and depressing. A cyclone crossed a few days ago near my parents home but thankfully no harm was done. In 2006 it devastated my home town, I just get a bit worried when I hear about another looming. And this is just the start of the wet.

But I don't want to let this get me down, I want to still see the beauty in the rain and the happiness it brings to people, why not make the most of it and blog about it?


It's raining it's pouring
The old man is snoring.



The picture above reminds me of my sister and I, when we were young. We used to have races with rain droplets on the car windows, and used to trace them with our fingers until they disappeared.

I have a great memory of myself, my sister and her friend. They had great rain jackets, one bright pink one bright yellow, where as me, I was content in a black garbage bag! I could not have been happier, stomping around in the puddles with my altered 'raincoat'.

Riding bikes in the rain seemed to be quite popular, there's something about racing through the water and trying to get the biggest splash possible. It's evident today that not much has changed, my colleague and I were out driving and he insisted on going through every puddle possible aiming for the biggest splash. God help me if he saw someone walking on the footpath, I'm sure he would have been relentless and tried his best to splash them.

I guess rain brings out the kids in us all...


red bubble
Tilli with an 'i' xo

No comments: