Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.

"Hold a picture of yourself long and steadily enough in your mind's eye, and you will be drawn toward it." - Napoleon Hill

Napoleon Hill has amazing quotes, they ring so true. I especially like the above one, it's something I have been doing lately, envision what you want in life, and see your self living the life you want to be and you can. I have learned that the power of the mind is extraordinary, it can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

My life as a adolescent wasn't easy. I won't go into detail, but basically now years on I still have not fully recovered from bits of my past. I never thought I would/could. It was always my mind wining telling me negative things and I would let it. It was not until a couple of weeks ago my friend who I tell my deepest darkest secrets to, found out about a natural well being clinic and we both went. We primarily went to the nutritionist and started on a new dietary plan, nothing extreme, just changes we both knew we needed! And here I also found out about EFT.

It is really bizarre as Icing as some of you would know just blogged about this! Really bizarre. So go there to read more about it as she does a good job in explaining what it is all about. This EFT method is all natural and really effective. I didn't want to go to a psychiatrist and get a dosage of pills to take for the rest of my life, but I still wanted to make a change in my health. I met with one of the practitioners at the clinic and they talked me through the whole thing, the principals and origins of it all. For me it will take a little while, I will have a few more sessions, but for others it may just take that one day! This EFT helps me with my anxiety, and other issues that I go through day to day. It's definitely worth finding out more about it! It could just be the thing to help you out!

Moving on, last night I took my friend/flat mate off to yoga with me, it was so funny, it's always nice to have a friend there with you. The instructor was extremely pleased to find out her last name was moon in Indian. Yoga is now my new favorite activity, there's nothing better than going to a yoga class after work and forgetting all the worries of the day. By far my most favorite part is the child's pose and the big aummmmmmmssss at the end. Its all great though, especially when a cute boy comes and sits on the mat in front of you! hehe. I think everyone should do yoga, trust me if unco-ordinated clumsy me can, anyone can! To top the night off my flat mate cooked palak paneer, and it was incredible, I even ate with my hands wich makes the food taste 100x better!

Some things I have been loving at the moment wich are also awesome for you!
-Chamomile tea
-Green tea
I have given up coffee, ahhh I know! But tea is a great subsitute, half of the time coffee drinking is just habbit!
-Almonds
-Meditation (does wonders for my sleep!)
-Bananna muffins
-Yoga! :)

yep that's it for now!
I promise you I won't keep bombarding you with my health kick talk!

oh and I just was informed that the IT guy fixing my home computer is cute! An update from my flatmate, I said I don't mind I just want it fixed!!

so here's hoping loves, that I can update from home and not from work and be scared of getting busted all day!

teehee. :)
Tilli with an 'i'


2 comments:

Stepstotheleft said...

I went and did a yoga class the other night and she didn't get us to do child's pose once. It made me very sad - and sore. Oh, how I love child's pose.

Tilli said...

haha oh I know, I get such a sense of relief when I heard him say now relax into childs pose, stay as long as you need...yes!!