Thursday, January 29, 2009

I design stuff...

Erica Burns

I relly enjoy this piece, its quirky and just pops! I love the bold line work and the colours throughout it. Her style is alot like my own at times. Click on her name to view more.




I'm a graphic designer, at the moment I do more corporate work in advertising, however my major was traditional illustration! I need to get back into this, I miss my drawing and being able to just let go and draw for hours. At the moment a 9-5 design job is sucking away my creativity. I can't come home and do my personal work...it's sad and I'm trying to figure out a way to get around it. I really want to come up with some great work to show you guys, but at the moment I'm falling short...So for the time being I am filling my head with beautiful things illustrators and designers are doing at the moment, hoping for a little glimpse of inspiration to kick start me to get into my own work again.








Her work is so chaotic and crazy, unexpected, but works so well. I love her use of linework and the splatter effect that is often used.

Some of my faves:
Tobias Jones
Excellent use of typography within the pieces he creates, bold colour and images.


Courtney Brims

Excellent illustrator, works with pencils and a lot of tone work, her images are so soft and beautiful. Really inspiring!


Kevin Lyons
His work could be seen as a little bit controversial, but his stuff is witty and though the images are quite simplified, his work comes together so well. I really enjoy looking at his stuff, and having a bit of a chuckle to myself.




For a dose of music and art and all in between head here to lostateminor.

And for all your illustration eye candy go here

And some gallery news and artists profiles here


Well I feel better already, I hope my finds have inspired you too, till another day.
Tilli with a 'i'
x






1 comment:

kimberley said...

these are all so lovely!
very inspirational post. the colours in all of them are just fantastic!
I'd love to learn how to do it :)
x