Wednesday, December 17, 2008

the grass is always greener, just as hard to mow.

This morning has made me think and has put a lot into perspective. I get into such a state of hating my life, where I live, my job, body issues etc. But today, through several different happenings I have taken a step back and realised I am really ungrateful and I should be more greatful for what I have in life. My life at times may be hard, but is nothing in comparison to others out there and around me. I can sit and whinge that I wish I was more tanned, or had smaller feet, or was a size smaller...this in retrospect is so unbelievably insignificant and pathetic.

When you find out that a fighting fit 24 yr old has terminal cancer, it really sends a shock to your system. Makes you sit up and see how precious life can really be. He has 12 months to live, and I can't even begin to fathom how that must feel. It makes me a bit teary writing this, as I just feel so bad about being so self involved when there are people out there with such greater issues/problems than me.

I think basically I have written this mostly to re tell myself to embrace what I have, and spend my time on worthwhile things, not hating or arguing with people I love. Or even wasting energy on people that I may dislike, in the end it's not worth it. That is time you can never get back. You only have one life to live. So it seems to me it's best to just live it.


Sorry lovlies I'm sure there will be a brighter post tommorrow. Go home and give your loved ones a hug even if your mad at them, because you never know when it could be your last chance.


Tilli with a 'i'

x

No comments: